Collecting personal information about you
We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to perform our functions, to develop and promote our services.
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold will depend upon the services you request from us. However, it may include:
• Information you give us when you request a service from us. This information will include your name, address and contact details
• Information about individuals we collect in the course of acting for clients
• Communications between us and you
We also collect some information from you when you use our website. Your use of the facilities and services available through our website will determine the amount and type of information which we collect about you. Some of this information will not be personal information because it will not reveal your identity.
The only personal information which we collect about you when you use our website is what you tell us about yourself, for example, by completing an online form, or information you provide to us when you send us an email. We will record your email address if you send us an email.
Collection of anonymous information
As most websites do, we track usage patterns on our website on an anonymous aggregate basis. Your identity cannot reasonably be ascertained from this information. Each time you visit our website a web server makes a record of your visit. Specifically, it records your:
• Internet Provider
• Date and time of your visit
• Pages accessed and the documents downloaded
• Search items entered
• Referring URLs (universal locators)
Use of personal information
The main purpose in collecting personal information about individuals are:
• to contact you
• to provide our services
• to respond to an individual’s request
• to keep clients and other contacts informed of the services we offer and industry developments that may be of interest to them, and to notify them of service offerings, seminars and other events, for general management and reporting purposes, such as invoicing and account management, all other purposes related to our business.
We may use personal information to market our services, including by email. However, individuals always have the opportunity to elect not to receive further marketing information from us by writing to: Mosman Cafe Guide, PO Box 3801 Mosman NSW 2088
Mosman Cafe Guide does not rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. We will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, license, share or pass onto any third party any personal information that you may have provided to us.
Access to your personal information
In most cases, you can gain access to personal information that we hold about you. We will handle requests for access to your personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
We encourage all requests for access to your personal information to be directed to the Privacy Officer by email or by writing to the address outlined below.
We will deal with all requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible. Requests for a large amount of information, or information which is not currently in use, may require further time before a response can be given. In some cases, consistently with the National Privacy Principles, we may refuse to give you access to personal information we hold about you. This includes circumstances where giving you access:
• Would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy
• Would prejudice negotiations we are having with you
• Would prejudice an investigation of unlawful activity
• Would prejudice activities carried out by, or for, a law enforcement agency
If we refuse to give you access we will provide you with reasons for our refusal.
Generally, if you request us to do so we will amend any personal information about you held by us which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If we disagree with your view about the accuracy, completeness or currency of a record of your personal information held by us, and you ask us to associate with that record a statement that you have a contrary view, we will take reasonable steps to do so.
If you would like more information about the way we manage personal information that we hold about you, or are concerned that we may have breached your privacy and wish to make a complaint, please contact us by either:
Email – email@example.com
Attention “Privacy Officer” PO Box 3801 Mosman NSW 2088